The largest manufacturer of femtosecond optical parametric amplifiers (OPAs) and non-collinear OPAs, LIGHT CONVERSION launched the CARBIDE laser with double strength. The laser output power increases to 80 W. This opens up additional possibilities for both industrial and scientific customers.
Femtosecond laser CARBIDE features market-leading output parameters along with a robust design. Tunable parameters include pulse duration (250 fs – 20 ps), repetition rate (single pulse to 2 MHz), pulse energy (up to 0.8 mJ) and average power (up to 80 W). With major industrial customers operating in the display, automotive, LED, medical and other industries, the reliability of CARBIDE has been proven by hundreds of systems operating 24/7 in production environments. The lasers are mainly used for drilling and cutting of various metals; ceramics, sapphire and glass, material ablation for mass-spectrometry. Moreover, CARBIDE lasers always enable our customers to discover more efficient manufacturing processes.
The power and energy increase of laser CARBIDE does not compromise other typical features of the laser source:
- State of the art BiBurst functionality.
- FEC (fast energy control) enabling pulse-to-pulse energy modulation.
- Product dimensions remain unaltered.
- Excellent beam quality is maintained.
- The laser can be paired with an automated HG (harmonic generator) to generate 2nd, 3rd or 4th harmonics with similar conversion efficiency allowing more power and energy.
- Exceptional laser reliability allows multiple years of maintenance free operation in industrial environments.