LIGHT CONVERSION, the industrial femtosecond laser manufacturer of CARBIDE and PHAROS lasers, is proud to present the update for its CARBIDE series. Along with 80 W and 40 W versions of CARBIDE, we are now offering a new 20 W model. The customer can now select an appropriate power level to fit their application precisely, while simply swapping to a more or less powerful unit without any modifications to the software or other parameters.
The CARBIDE series also offers a dedicated version for high-power UV applications within, mainly, the electronics and semicon markets. We have now officially released standard 30 W output @ 343 nm with more than 1 year lifetime, also for UV components.
In addition to lasers, LIGHT CONVERSION is a leading manufacturer of femtosecond optical parametric amplifiers (OPAs) and non-collinear OPAs. Last year, CARBIDE coupled with I-OPA, received a double Laser Focus World Innovation Award recognition by being awarded platinum and gold awards.
CARBIDE features market-leading output parameters along with a robust design. Tunable parameters include pulse duration (250 fs – 20 ps), repetition rate (single pulse to 2 MHz), pulse energy (up to 0.8 mJ), and average power (up to 80 W). With major industrial customers operating in the display, automotive, LED, medical and other industries, the reliability of CARBIDE has been proven by hundreds of systems operating 24/7 in the production environment. The lasers are mainly used for drilling and cutting various metals, polymers, ceramics, sapphire and glass, and material ablation for mass-spectrometry. Moreover, CARBIDE lasers always enable our customers to discover more efficient manufacturing processes.
The entire 20 W/40 W/80 W series shares the following features:
- Novel BiBurst functionality.
- FEC (fast energy control) enabling pulse to pulse energy modulation.
- Product dimensions remain unaltered despite the model.
- Excellent beam quality is maintained.
- The laser can be paired with an automated HG (harmonic generator) to generate 2nd; 3rd; 4th or 5th harmonics.
- The laser can be equipped with a module for wavelength tunability – industrial-grade optical parametric amplifier I-OPA.
- No compromises are made to exceptional laser reliability allowing multiple years of maintenance-free operation in an industrial environment.